Oompa-Loompa cake pops
- 1 x Baker’s Selection All Butter Madeira Cake
- 4 level tbsp Chosen by you Vanilla Flavour Frosting
- 2-3 drops orange gel food colouring
- 270g Chosen by you White Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 10 x Chosen by you Cake Pop Sticks
- 40 x Chosen by you White Mini Marshmallows
- 75g Chosen by you Dark Chocolate
- 1⁄2 x basic royal icing (see left) coloured with green, red, black and orange gel food colour
Crumble the cake into fine crumbs, in a bowl. Add the frosting and mix into a soft dough. Roll about two- thirds into 10 walnut-sized balls. Mix the orange food colouring into the rest and shape into 10 smaller balls. Put both sets of balls on baking paper.
Melt 2 squares of the white chocolate in a microwave on high for about 20 secs. Dip in one end of each stick, then insert each one about two-thirds of the way into a large cake ball. Chill for 20 mins or until set.
In a bowl, microwave the remaining white chocolate on high for 1 min 30 secs, to melt. Dip the cakes on sticks into it, swirling them around to coat completely. Push the clean end of each stick into thick polystyrene (or half a melon or large potato), to hold the cake pops upright and steady. Before the chocolate sets, stick on the orange balls as heads and mini marshmallows for the arms and legs. Chill for at least 20 mins, or until set.
Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 secs, then use it to paint on shirts, shoes and hands with a fine brush. Chill until set. Create hair with green royal icing, and faces with the other colours. Set before serving.