Oriental prawn soup
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1-2 red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp coriander
- 400ml can reduced fat coconut milk (or full fat)
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- ½ lime, zest and juice of
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 x 190g bags Asda Frozen Peeled Raw King Prawns
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 300g pack Sharwoods Ready to Wok Noodles
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chillies, garlic, ginger and ground coriander for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
Add the coconut milk and 800ml water and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Then add the fish sauce, lime zest and juice, sugar and spring onions. Simmer for 4 minutes.
Add the prawns and fresh coriander, and simmer until the prawns turn pink, which means that they are cooked. If overcooked, they shrink and become tough.
Heat the noodles in the microwave for 1 minute. Transfer to four bowls and pour the soup on top, dividing the prawns equally.