Street food-style pad thai
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- 400g broccoli florets
- ½ cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into ribbons
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 100g beansprouts
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1-2 packs rice noodles
- 20g coriander (optional)
- 1 lime, juiced
- unsalted peanuts, chopped, to serve (optional)
Boil or steam the broccoli for 3mins until starting to soften.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the garlic and ginger for 2mins then add the broccoli and cabbage and fry for 3-5mins until beginning to soften.
Toss in the carrots, peppers, beansprouts, spring onions, fish and soy sauce and rice noodles, fry for 3-5mins until hot then finish with the coriander and lime juice.
Garnish with peanuts if using.