Be the first to rate this recipe
- 1.1kg pack chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 90g Chosen by you Diced Chorizo
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and cut into pieces
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 level tsp smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of saffron
- 400g Asda Paella Rice (or Asda Arborio Rice)
- 50ml white wine (optional)
- 1.5 litre hot chicken stock
- 250g frozen peas
- 2 x 240g packs chilled Asda Ready To Eat Seafood Selection
- 12 green olives
Make 3 cuts in the fleshy side of each drumstick. Barbecue for 20-25 minutes - or roast at 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5 for 30 minutes - turning occasionally, until cooked through. Set aside.
In a large frying pan, cook the onion in the oil on the barbecue - or hob - until soft. Add the chorizo and peppers and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the peppers soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Stir in the paprika and saffron. Add the rice and stir until it's well coated by the other ingredients. Stir in the wine, if using, and cook for another minute.
Pour in 500ml of the hot stock and simmer briskly, stirring occasionally, until it's almost absorbed.
Add the drumsticks and another 500ml of the stock, then simmer again, stirring occasionally, until the stock is almost absorbed.
Add the rest of the stock and the peas. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the seafood and the olives, then cook for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken and seafood are cooked through and the rice is tender.