Pan fried pork with apple wedges
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 3 courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 red or orange peppers, quartered and de-seeded
- 7 tbsp sunflower oil
- 660g pack Butcher's Selection Pork Loin Steaks, cut into thirds
- 200ml chicken stock, made with 1/2 stock cube
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 2 apples, cored and each cut into 6 wedges
- 50g reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 2 tsp cornflour, mixed with 1 tbsp cold water
- Crusty bread, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Put the courgettes and peppers in a roasting tin. Toss with 1 tbsp oil. Cook for 35-40 minutes until tender.
Heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan. Add half the pork. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned. Tip into a pan with the meat juices. Add another 2 tsp oil to the frying pan and cook the rest of the pork, then add to the first batch. Add the stock and herbs. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
Heat 2 tsp oil in the frying pan. Cook the apple over a low heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender.
Add the crème fraîche and cornflour to the pork. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring. Add the apple. Heat through. Serve with the bread and roast veg.