- 590g Butcher's Selection Pork Loin Steaks, trimmed
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 350g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 level tbsp smoked paprika
- 250ml chicken stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 3 level tbsp tomato purée
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- 4 level tbsp reduced fat soured cream
- Boiled rice to serve
Cut the pork loin into strips about the size of your finger. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the pork in two batches until browned. Tip into a bowl along with the meat juices.
Heat the rest of the oil in the pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes until soft but not coloured. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 8 minutes.
Return the pork to the pan and stir until hot. Stir in the paprika, chicken stock and tomato purée, then simmer for 5 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 3 tbsp cold water and add to the pan, stirring. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat and stir in the soured cream. Serve with rice.