Parsnip, potato & onion hash with egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300g King Edward potatoes (peeled weight), cubed
- 250g parsnips, tops removed, cut into chunks
- 2 large red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 level tsp Schwartz Garlic Granules
- 1 level tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Put the oil in a large roasting tin and put in the oven to heat.
Place the potatoes, parsnips, and carrots in a large pan, cover with cold water and heat until simmering. Cook for 3 minutes, then drain well.
Remove the baking tray from the oven and carefully add the drained potatoes, parsnips and carrots, along with the onions. Toss in the oil and sprinkle with the garlic granules and cumin.
Cook in the oven for 35 minutes, turning the vegetables over and moving them round the pan halfway through to make sure they're evenly cooked.
Remove from the oven, toss with the chopped parsley, then season. Top each portion with a poached or fried egg.