Pasta with leeks, chorizo & beans
- Half a 225g Asda Extra Special Spanish Chorizo Casero (remove casing and cut small into cubes)
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 290g can Asda Borlotti Beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 Asda Extra Special Semi-Dried Tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 100ml white wine (or chicken stock)
- 300g pasta (penne or fusilli)
- Parmesan, to serve
Cook the chorizo sausage in a non-stick frying pan until it starts to crisp. Tip into a bowl and set aside.
Wipe out the pan, then heat the butter and oil. Add the leeks and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add the chorizo, bortolli beans, tomatoes and wine or stock, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
Meanwhile, add the pasta to a large pan of lightly salted, boiling water and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and return to the packet.
Add the leek mixture to the pasta and toss everything together. Serve with grated or shaved Parmesan.
Please drink responsibly. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk.