Garden pea and pesto soup
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 800ml stock made with 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 2 thick slices bread, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 600g frozen Smart Price Peas
- 4tbsp Asda Reduced Fat Green Pesto
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5.
Cook the onion in half the oil in a large pan on low for 8-10 mins until soft. Add the potato and stock. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, for 20 mins.
Meanwhile, toss the bread in the rest of the oil. Season with black pepper and spread on a baking tray. Bake for 10-15 mins, until crunchy and toasted.
Add the peas to the potato and onion mixture. Bring back to the boil and simmer, covered, for 5 mins.
Stir in the pesto then cool for 15 mins. Blend to a purée and season with pepper.
Add the milk to the pea purée and heat through. Serve the soup topped with the croutons and more black pepper.