Pea & asparagus risotto
- 1 Knorr Reduced Salt Chicken Stock Cube (or Vegetable Stock Cube)
- 3 shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 325g Asda Arborio Risotto Rice
- 150ml white wine
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 x 125g packs asparagus tips
- 325g frozen peas (or fresh)
- 75g Asda Extra Special Parmesan or Cheddar/Double Gloucester, grated or shaved
Dissolve the stock cube in 1L of hot water. Keep warm.
In a large saucepan, cook the shallots in the oil and butter over a low heat, stirring often, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
Add the rice and stir over a low heat for a minute until all the grains are glistening. Add the wine and allow to simmer gently until absorbed.
Add a ladleful of hot stock and the thyme and stir gently. Simmer very gently until all the stock is almost absorbed. Add another ladleful, stir gently and simmer until almost absorbed. Repeat for 15-20 minutes.
Trim the asparagus and cut into bite-sized pieces. Stir into the risotto with the peas and another ladleful of stock. Heat until simmering
Cook for 4-5 minutes, adding stock as needed, until the peas and asparagus are just cooked and the rice is creamy and tender. You may not need all the stock.
Stir in half the cheese and sprinkle the rest on top to serve.
Please drink responsibly. For the facts, visit drinkaware.co.uk.