Pea croquettes with beetroot Salad
- 400g frozen peas, defrosted and patted dry with kitchen roll
- 50g Lancashire cheese, crumbled
- 1tbsp chopped mint
- 1tbsp chopped dill
- 1 egg yolk
- 80g breadcrumbs
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 small orange
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 300g cooked beetroot, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 little gem lettuces, roughly torn
Preheat the oven to 200C/ 180C Fan/Gas 6. Put the peas and cheese in a processor. Blitz briefly – they should be chopped but not puréed.
Put the mixture in a large bowl. Combine with the chopped herbs, egg yolk and 25g of the breadcrumbs. Season well with black pepper. Shape the mixture into 8 croquettes. Place the remaining breadcrumbs on a plate and roll each croquette in them until evenly covered.
Put on a baking sheet and drizzle over 2tsp of the olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 mins or until crisp and golden.
To make the beetroot salad, whisk together the rest of the olive oil, the orange juice, vinegar and mustard in
a bowl. Combine with the beetroot, shallot and orange zest. Spoon the mixture over the little gem leaves.
Serve 2 croquettes per person, with the beetroot
salad on the side.