Pea & mint soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 200g potatoes (peeled weight), cubed
- 800ml vegetable stock, made with one stock cube
- 400g frozen peas (or fresh)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 100ml Asda Crème Fraîche
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil and butter in a large pan. Add the onion and cook over a medium heat, stirring often, until soft but not coloured. Stir in the celery and potatoes, cover and cook over a low heat for 3 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Stir in the peas and mint and bring back to the boil. Simmer gently for 4 minutes.
Blitz with a hand-held blender or processor until almost smooth.
Season with black pepper and stir in the crème fraîche. Return to the pan and reheat. Serve with crusty bread.