Perfect pear frangipane tart
- 175g Extra Special All Butter Pastry Case
- 50g softened butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 50g ground almonds
- 15g self-raising flour, sieved
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1 large egg
- 1-2 small ripe pears, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 1tbsp flaked almonds l Icing sugar, for dusting
- 1tbsp smooth apricot jam, warmed
Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Put the pastry case on a baking sheet.
Put the butter, caster sugar, ground almonds, flour, almond essence and egg in a bowl. Beat together until smooth and creamy.
Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry case. Arrange the pear slices on top and scatter with the flaked almonds. Bake for 40 mins until golden.
Dust the tart with icing sugar, then brush the pears with the apricot jam. Serve warm or cold.