Pepper-crusted roast beef
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 3tbsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp thyme leaves, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tbsp English mustard
- Butcher's Selection Beef Roasting Joint (typically 1.4kg), at room temperature
- 225g Grower's Selection Vine Ripened Cherry Tomatoes
- Béarnaise sauce, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Mix together the crushed peppercorns, garlic, thyme, oil and mustard. Spread over the beef. Put the joint in a large roasting dish and roast for 25 mins per 450g, plus 15 mins for medium; 30 mins per 450g, plus 20 mins for well done. Add the cherry tomatoes to the oven for the final 15 mins.
Remove the beef joint from the oven and transfer to a carving board. Cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 20 mins.
Heat the béarnaise sauce according to the pack instructions. When the beef has rested, carve it, garnish with thyme and serve with the roasted tomatoes and béarnaise sauce on the side.