Pigs in blankets spaghetti carbonara
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 40g leftover mixed nuts, chopped
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 200g leftover cooked pigs in blankets (about 10)
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g spaghetti
- 50g Parmesan (or any leftover hard cheese)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2tbsp double cream
- 10g flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Dry-fry the mixed nuts in a hot pan for 3-5 mins until toasted. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a pan, with the onion and cooked pigs in blankets. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 5 mins. Add the garlic, then cook uncovered for 2 mins.
Cook the spaghetti according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving 2tbsp of the cooking water, then return the pasta and reserved water to the pan.
Meanwhile, grate the Parmesan and whisk together the eggs, double cream and 40g of the cheese.
Tip the egg mixture, pigs in blankets mixture and parsley over the spaghetti. Mix until the pasta is well coated with the creamy sauce.
Transfer to a serving dish, then sprinkle with the toasted nuts and reserved grated cheese to serve.