Pitta bread salad
Be the first to rate this recipe
- Finely grated zest of half unwaxed lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 hearts of Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 10cm piece cucumber, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 175g halloumi, cut into 2cm slices
- 4 pitta breads
Pre-heat the grill. Whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil, and season with pepper.
Grill the pitta breads on both sides until lightly toasted. Tear into small pieces. Add to the salad with the hot halloumi and toss together again.
Put the lettuce, tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber, parsley and chickpeas in a large bowl. Add the lemon dressing and toss everything together gently.
Grill the halloumi slices on both sides until they're tinged brown. Roughly chop.
Serve immediately while the bread is still crisp.