Planet cake pops
- 30g butter, melted
- ½ Baker’s Selection All-Butter Madeira Cake, processed into fine crumbs
- Dr. Oetker Food Colour Gel in Bright Red, Sky Blue, Ultra Violet and Black
- 10g gelatine powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 10g liquid glucose
- 100g sweetened condensed milk
- 150g white chocolate, finely chopped
- Cake Décor Gold Glitter Spray
- You will also need 6 Cake Pop Sticks
Mix together the butter, cake crumbs and a few drops of the red food gel. Roll into 6 balls and push the pop sticks three-quarters of the way in. Set aside to chill.
Mix the gelatine with 60ml cold water, stir to combine and set aside
Put the sugar, glucose and 60ml water in a pan; bring to the boil. Off the heat, whisk in the gelatine mixture. Stir in the condensed milk.
Add the chopped chocolate and leave to melt fully. Stir well, then divide between 4 bowls. Add a different drop of food gel to each bowl and mix well; add more gel if needed to build up the colour.
Carefully pour each coloured glaze into a bowl, to give a swirled pattern.
Push the cake pops fully into the glaze and twist as you pull the sticks out. Stick the pops upright in polystyrene, or something similar, and leave them to cool down completely. Spray with gold glitter.