Pork, beef & chickpea meatballs
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 500g Asda Smartprice Beef & Pork Mince
- 1 level tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 390g carton Asda Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 75ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp Asda BBQ Ketchup
- Cooked spaghetti, to serve
- 50g Cheddar, grated, to serve
Mash the chickpeas, then remove one-third and set aside. Add the mince, herbs, mustard and half the garlic to the remaining chickpeas.
Combine well and shape into 30 meatballs. Heat half the oil and fry in batches – be careful as they break easily.
Put the remaining oil in a pan and cook the onion with the remaining garlic until soft. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, purée, stock, BBQ ketchup and chickpeas you set aside. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
Stir in the cooked meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with the spaghetti and cheese to sprinkle over.