Pork fillet with lemon & olive stuffing
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 lemons, zest and juice of, plus 1 whole lemon
- 50g Chosen by you Lemon & Herb Olives, roughly chopped
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 1 Butcher's Selection Whole Pork Fillet (about 500g)
- Tenderstem broccoli, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Use a little of the oil to grease the base of a roasting tin.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and cook the shallots, thyme and garlic over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until the shallots are soft. Tip into a bowl. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, olives and breadcrumbs. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
Trim any sinew and excess fat from the pork fillet. Make a cut along its length, about halfway through, so you can open it out like a book.
Stuff with the lemon and olive mixture, then close again. Secure with string at 5cm intervals.
Cut the remaining lemon into wedges. Put in the tin with the pork and roast for 45 minutes, turning the fillet over halfway through.
Leave the meat to rest for 10 minutes, then remove the string. Carve the pork into thick slices and serve with steamed broccoli.