Pork fillet with pineapple salsa
- 100ml pineapple juice
- 2 level tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Asda Mild And Light Olive Oil
- 600g pork fillet, trimmed and cut into 2cm thick medallions
- 300g fresh pineapple (weighed without skin and core), cut into small pieces
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, white and tender green leaves only, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Sweet potato mash, to serve
- Green beans, to serve
Put the pineapple juice, sugar, vinegar, 1 tbsp of the lime juice and 1 tbsp of the oil in a freezer bag. Add the pork medallions and toss to coat. Leave in the fridge to marinate for 2-3 hours, gently shaking the bag occasionally.
Mix the pineapple, chilli, spring onions, 2 tbsp lime juice and the coriander to make a salsa. Cover and refrigerate.
Pre-heat a griddle or grill. Remove the pork from the marinade and lightly brush both sides with oil. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with the salsa, sweet potato mash and green beans.