Almost-homemade pork massaman
- 2 large potatoes, cut into large cubes
- 85g unsalted peanuts
- 1 x 100g pack Grower’s Selection Thai Selection
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 Butcher’s Selection British Pork Whole Fillet, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 x 200g pouch Coconut Milk (Reduced Fat)
- 3tbsp Chosen by you Red Thai Curry Paste
- 3 dried kaffir lime leaves
- Small handful Grower’s Selection Thai Basil (or standard basil)
Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 5 mins until tender. Drain.
Dry-fry the peanuts in a nonstick frying pan, stirring, for 2 mins to toast. Leave to cool, then chop finely. Reserve a little for garnish.
Peel and finely chop the shallots, garlic and galangal from the Thai Selection pack. Deseed and slice the chillies and finely chop the lemongrass.
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the shallot, garlic, galangal, chillis and lemongrass. Stir-fry for 1-2 mins until soft. Add the pork and stir-fry for 3 mins.
Add the chopped peanuts, coconut milk, curry paste and kaffir lime leaves. Simmer gently for 10 mins. Add the potatoes and cook for 2 mins more.
Stir half of the basil into the curry. Sprinkle the rest on top with the reserved peanuts and serve.