- 500g ready to roll shortcrust pastry
- Flour, for rolling out
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 400g pork fillet (trimmed weight)
- 454g Asda Extra Special Lincolnshire Pork Sausages
- 2 rashers lean back bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (leaves only)
- 1 tbsp curly parsley, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Roll the pastry out into two circles of 26cm and 23cm in diameter. Use the larger one to line a 20cm cake tin and let the excess pastry hang over the rim. Lightly brush with beaten egg.
Cut the pork into small cubes. Skin the sausages and mix with the pork, bacon, thyme and parsley. Put the meat mixture in the pastry case and shape with a slightly domed top.
Lay the 23cm pastry circle on top. Seal the edges by pressing together. Trim off any excess pastry. Make three cuts in the top to allow the steam to escape. Brush with beaten egg.
Put on a baking tray and bake for 45-50 minutes (cover the top with foil if the pastry gets too brown). Leave the pie to cool before serving.