Pork steaks with tomato butter beans
- 2tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 25g pack basil, stalks finely chopped and leaves torn
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins Asda Butter Beans in Water, drained and rinsed
- 4 Butcher's Selection Pork Loin Steaks
- 60g pack wild rocket
- 2tbsp Asda Reduced Fat Green Pesto, mixed with 1tbsp water
- Crusty bread, to serve
Heat the oil in a pan over a low setting. Add the onion, garlic and basil stalks, cover with a lid and cook for 10 mins until softened.
Stir in the fennel, tomatoes and beans; season with black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
Meanwhile, heat a frying pan or griddle over a high setting and fry the pork steaks for 5-6 mins on each side until cooked through.
Stir the basil leaves through the beans and top with the pork. Sprinkle with the rocket, drizzle with the pesto and serve with crusty bread.