Pork with apple wedges & ginger
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 800g pack Asda Pork Loin Steaks
- 1.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 15g butter
- 2 Gala eating apples, cored and cut into 16 wedges (in total)
- 200ml apple juice
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 150ml hot water
- 2 tsp cornflour
- New potatoes, to serve
- Carrots, to serve
- Mangetout, to serve
- (Nutritional analysis is for the pork with apple wedges and ginger only, and does NOT include the serving suggestion of potatoes and vegetables)
Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan and cook the pork, over a medium heat, for 5 minutes on each side or until just cooked. Remove the pork, leaving the fat in the pan, and set aside.
Add the ginger and spring onions to the pan and cook over a low heat for 1 minute.
Add the butter and apple wedges and cook, turning occasionally, until they start to turn golden on all sides. Return the pork to the pan, add the apple juice and stock, and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Remove the pork and apple and keep warm. Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water and stir into the pan. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, until the juices thicken slightly. Pour over the pork and serve with the vegetables, if using.