Pork with nutty couscous
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 level tsp Asda Paprika
- 1 level tsp Asda Ground Cumin
- 1 level tsp Asda Ground Coriander
- 300g couscous
- 100g dried apricots, cut into small pieces
- Zest of 1/2 unwaxed lemon, grated
- 50g flaked almonds
- 400g Asda Butcher's Selection Pork Fillet, trimmed and cut into 1cm slices
- 350g green beans
- Lemon quarters, to serve
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft. Stir in the spices, then stir over a low heat for 30 seconds, no more. Remove from the heat.
Add the couscous, apricots and lemon zest and stir once. Pour in 375ml boiling water. Cover the pan and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat until golden, stirring all the time so they don't burn. Set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan and cook the pork for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Heat the couscous and stir in the almonds. Serve with the pork, green beans and lemon.