Pork with Prunes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 500g pork fillet, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tsp reduced fat crème fraîche
- 100ml chicken stock made with 1/2 stock cube
- 250ml medium cider (or 1/2 apple juice and 1/2 water)
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 16 prunes
- 2 level tsp cornflour
- Crushed new potatoes, to serve
- Carrots, to serve
- Chopped parsley to garnish
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the pork in batches until lightly browned all over. Transfer to a casserole dish.
Add the rest of the oil and shallots to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften slightly. Mix the crème fraîche with the stock and add to the pan with the cider (or apple juice & water), redcurrant jelly & mustard. Heat until simmering, stirring to combine.
Add to the pork with the prunes. Cover and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp water and stir in. Cook for another 5 minutes. Serve with the new potatoes and carrots, garnished with parsley.