Potato & roasted vegetable cakes with bean salad
- 1 yellow pepper, quartered and de-seeded
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 wedges, with root left on
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 198g can Green Giant Reduced Salt & Sugar Sweetcorn, drained well
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 400g can Asda Mexican Style Bean Mix, rinsed and drained
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 250g pack radishes, topped, tailed and sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the pepper, red onion and courgette in a large roasting tin, drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil and roast for 35-40 minutes until tinged brown and soft. Chop roughly.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain and mash.
Add the roasted vegetables, sweetcorn and parsley to the mash. Leave until cold.
Shape into 8 cakes and put on the baking tray. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Mix the beans with the spring onions, radishes and tomatoes in a bowl. Whisk together the remaining 3 tbsp olive oil and the vinegar. Season, add to the salad and toss together. Serve with the potato cakes.