Prawn and pepper jambalaya
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 360g jar Asda A Taste of America Jambalaya Spice & Simmer Sauce
- 2 x 280g packs Veetee Basmati Rice
- 220g pack frozen Chosen by you Cooked & Peeled Jumbo King Prawns, thawed and drained
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the sliced peppers for 4 mins over a high heat until they are soft and starting to brown at the edges. Lower the heat and stir in the dry spice mixture from the 2-step jambalaya mix.
Add the jar of jambalaya sauce to the pan and stir well to mix everything together. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for another 5 mins.
Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Stir into the jambalaya sauce along with the prawns, cherry tomatoes and baby leaf spinach. Heat through, stirring, until the spinach wilts.
Scatter with the spring onions and serve.