Prawn arrabiata pasta with charred aubergine
- 400g tin peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 fresh red chilli, chopped (and deseeded if you prefer less heat)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 aubergine, cut into lengthways slices about 1cm thick
- 250g Asda Penne Pasta
- 150g Asda Cooked & Peeled Cold Water Prawns
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- STORE CUPBOARD
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 1½ reduced-salt fish stock cubes, made up to 200ml
- ½tbsp honey
Whizz the tomatoes in a blender with the chilli and garlic to form a sauce.
Add the oil and the tomato purée to a large nonstick pan. Fry over a low heat for 3 mins or until darkened.
Add the blended sauce to the pan and simmer for 5 mins. Add the fish stock and honey and simmer gently for 10-15 mins until reduced by a third.
Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan on a high setting. Add the aubergine slices and fry for 1-2 mins on each side or until dark char lines appear. Cut into bite-size strips.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the penne pasta and set a timer for 2 mins shy of the cooking time on the pack instructions. Drain well.
Add the pasta to the pan of sauce; cook for 2 mins until al dente. Stir in the prawns and ½ the aubergine, then heat through for 1 min. Top with the remaining aubergine and sprinkle with black pepper and the parsley to serve.