Prawn & cod laksa
- 1 tbsp sunfower oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 x 400ml cans Amoy Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
- 250g pack Chosen by you Udon Noodles
- 3 tbsp Chosen by you Malaysian Style Massaman Cooking Paste
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1/2 lime, zest and juice of
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 x 360g pack fresh beansprouts
- 260g pack Asda Skinless & Boneless Line Caught Cod Fillets, cut into small strips
- 190g pack raw, peeled king prawns
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped, plus slices to garnish
- Fresh coriander, to serve
Heat the oil in a pan and cook the garlic, ginger and ground coriander for 3 minutes, stirring all the time. Add the coconut milk and 400ml water and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Heat another pan of water until boiling and add the noodles. Simmer for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and keep warm.
Add the Massaman paste, fish sauce, lime zest and juice, sugar, spring onions, beansprouts and cod to the coconut milk mixture and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the chilli and prawns and simmer until the prawns turn pink – this should take about 2 minutes.
Divide the noodles between 6 bowls and pour the soup on top, dividing the cod and prawns equally. Garnish with the chilli slices and coriander, then serve immediately.