Prawn and pineapple skewers
- 630g Extra Special frozen Jumbo King Prawns, thawed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 2cm chunks
- ½tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 2 limes, each cut into 8 pieces
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- Whole leaves from 2 Little Gem lettuces
Soak 4 wooden skewers in cold water to stop them burning during cooking.
Mix the prawns with the chilli, garlic and half the ginger. Cover with clingfilm and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hrs, or ideally overnight.
Mix the pineapple with the remaining ginger and the muscovado sugar.
Thread the prawns, pineapple and lime wedges onto the skewers.
Heat a BBQ, griddle or frying pan over a high heat. Brush the skewers with a little oil and cook for 2-3 mins on each side until the prawns are pink and the pineapple is golden. Serve with the Little Gem leaves.