Prawns in Provençale sauce
- 325g brown basmati rice, rinsed in cold running water
- 200g frozen petit pois
- 2-3 shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 300ml fish or chicken stock (made with ½ stock cube)
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp Asda Dried Herbs de Provence
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300g bag Asda Frozen North Atlantic Prawns
- 2 level tsp cornflour
Put the rice in a pan with 1.3 litres cold water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the peas, return to the boil and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Drain off any excess water.
While the rice is cooking, cook the shallots in the oil in another pan until soft.
Add the garlic and peppers and cook, stirring frequently, for another 4-5 minutes.
Pour in the stock, then add the tomatoes, herbs, ketchup and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Add the prawns and heat until simmering. Mix the cornflour with 2 tbsp cold water until smooth. Stir into the sauce until it thickens. Serve with the rice.