Slow cooker pulled pork tacos
- 2kg Butcher’s Selection Boneless Pork Shoulder Joint
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp Asda Garlic Granules
- 1tsp Asda Onion Granules
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp chipotle paste
- 1tsp Extra Special Cold-Pressed Rapeseed Oil
- 300g pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice and zest 1 lime
- 4tsp cornflour
- 8 taco shells
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 300g frozen sweetcorn, cooked according to pack instructions
- ½ Iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
- 1tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
Trim the skin and any excess fat off the pork.
Mix together the paprika, garlic granules, onion granules, cumin and chipotle paste. Massage into the pork shoulder.
Heat a nonstick frying pan over a high heat, add the oil and brown the meat all over until it is a deep caramel colour.
Put the pork in the slow cooker and add the beans and 400ml water. Cook on the highest setting for a minimum of 8 hrs, until the meat starts to fall apart.
Remove the meat from the slow cooker and set aside. Whisk the lime juice, zest and cornflour into the sauce left in the cooker and stir until it has thickened.
Use two forks to shred the pork, then return to the slow cooker and mix with the sauce.
Fill the taco shells with the pulled pork and top with the onion, sweetcorn, lettuce, coriander and chilli, if using.