Pumpkin & fruit tea bread
- 225g plain flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- ½ level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 level tsp ground ginger
- 1 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 level tsp grated nutmeg
- 150g butter, softened
- 200g light soft brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 150g pumpkin (weighed without skin, seeds or fibre), grated
- 75g dried apricots, cut into raisin-size pieces
- 75g dried, stoned dates, cut into raisin-size pieces
- 75g pecans, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Line a loaf tin with baking paper. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour mixture with the second egg.
Fold in the grated pumpkin, flour mixture, chopped apricots, dates and pecans. Turn into the prepared loaf tin.
Bake in the pre-heated oven for 50-60 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed with your fingers.
Leave to cool on a wire rack before cutting into slices to serve.