Quick turkey pie
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 600g potatoes (peeled weight)
- 4 tbsp semi-skimmed milk, plus 300ml for the sauce
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g Smart Price Mushrooms, sliced
- 350g cooked turkey or chicken (you could use leftovers), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 75g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 pack Chosen by you White Sauce Mix
- 25g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Boil the potatoes until tender, then mash with 4 tbsp of the milk and the butter. Season.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook over a medium heat, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes, until the juices have run out. Increase the heat and cook until most of the juices have evaporated. Put the mushrooms in an ovenproof dish and add the turkey or chicken and the sweetcorn.
Put the white sauce mix in a small saucepan, then gradually blend in 300ml of the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring all the time, then simmer for 1-2 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Mix together with the turkey mixture.
Spread the mashed potato over the top of the turkey and sauce mixture in the dish, then sprinkle on the grated cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until heated through.