- 100g Smash Instant Mashed Potato
- 2 x 120g packs Asda Kiln Roast Trout Flakes
- 1tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 2tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2tbsp wholemeal flour
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 300g frozen broad beans, to serve
- 300g frozen sweetcorn, to serve
Heat the oven to 140C/ 120C Fan/Gas 1. Put the Smash in a bowl and mix with 275ml boiling water, stirring with a fork, to make a stiff mash.
Break the trout into smaller flakes then add to the mash with the chives and mayonnaise. Season with black pepper and mix until just combined.
Divide the mixture into 8 even portions and shape into cakes about 2cm thick. Put the flour on a plate and dust the fishcakes all over.
Heat half the oil in a large nonstick frying pan, then cook 4 fishcakes on a medium heat for 3 mins each side. Keep warm in the oven while you cook the other 4 fishcakes in the remaining oil.
Cook the broad beans and sweetcorn according to the pack instructions. Serve with the fishcakes.