Rack of venison
- 500g Extra Special Rack of Venison, French trimmed
- ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 20g Dijon mustard
- 80g ground pistachio nuts
- 250ml Extra Special Beef Concentrate
- 2 heaped tbsp Extra Special Redcurrant Sauce with Port
- 20g unsalted butter
- ½ tbsp olive oil, plus ½ tbsp for croutons
- Slices of white bread
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Vegetables, to serve
Pre-heat oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Season meat. Heat olive oil in a large pan and sear the meat. Brush the meat with Dijon mustard and coat with the nuts.
Put in oven for 25-30 minutes for rare; 30-40 minutes for well done. Take the meat out, cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the beef concentrate in a pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add redcurrant sauce and butter. Cook for 5 minutes.
Use a pastry cutter to make shapes from the bread. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook bread on both sides until golden. Leave to cool slightly. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.