Ramen noodle bowl
- 1 Asda Butchers Selection Sirloin Steak, 227g
- 2 tsp Kikkoman Teryaki Marinade
- 1 tbsp Asda Stir Fry Oil
- 1cm piece root ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 reduced salt beef stock cube
- 2 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 75g carrots, cut into small cubes
- 150g savoy cabbage, shredded
- 350g pack fresh Asda Good Balanced Wholewheat noodles
- 2 salad onions, trimmed and chopped
- I medium egg, hard boiled, optional
Rub the steak all over with the teriyaki marinade. Set aside for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the ginger, garlic and chilli over a low heat for 2 minutes, stirring.
Dissolve the stock cube in 1 litre boiling water, then add to the pan with the soy sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the carrots and cabbage, return to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the noodles and heat through.
Wipe excess marinade off the steak and cook in a dry frying pan or on a griddle pan for 2 – 3 minutes on each side. Slice.
Remove the noodles and vegetables with a large slotted spoon and divide between 2 large bowls. Pour in the stock.
Top with slices of steak and sprinkle on the salad onions.
If using the egg, shell it and cut in half and serve on top.