Ratatouille bake with crushed potatoes
- 2tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 red onions, cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, cut into 3cm chunks
- 1 aubergine, cut into 3cm chunks
- 200g frozen sliced mixed peppers
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp Scratch Cook Chopped Garlic
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 150ml boiling water
- 15g basil, stalks finely chopped and leaves torn
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 600g baking potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 spring onions, sliced
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
In a high-sided roasting tray, toss together the oil, onion, courgette, aubergine, mixed peppers and cherry tomatoes. Roast for 10 mins.
Remove from the oven and fold through the tinned tomatoes, garlic, stock, basil stalks and vinegar. Season with black pepper and roast for 20 mins until bubbling.
Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 mins until tender. Drain, return to the pan with the spring onion and a grind of black pepper. Lightly crush with a fork.
Serve the ratatouille with the crushed potato top.