Red lentil & vegetable dahl
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 and 1/2 level tsp tumeric
- 1 and a 1/2 level tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Asda Garam Masala
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped (or 1/2 tsp crushed dried chillies)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 200g red lentils, rinsed
- 500ml vegetable stock (made with 1 stock cube)
- 250g Asda Frozen Broccoli, Cauliflower & Baby Carrots
- 100g frozen peas
- 4 Asda Chosen by you Naan Breads, to serve
- 2 boiled eggs to serve
Fry the onion in the oil until soft but not coloured. Add the ground spices and 2 tbsp of cold water. Cook over a low heat for a minute.
Add the chilli and tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring until the tomatoes have softened.
Add the lentils and 450ml stock and heat until simmering. Cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
Stir in the frozen veg and the rest of the stock. Return to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Serve with naan breads and quartered boiled eggs.