Rhubarb & ginger crumble
- 800g rhubarb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 balls stem ginger in syrup, drained and chopped
- 3 tbsp ginger syrup from the stem ginger jar
- 100g caster sugar, plus 75g for the crumble
- 50g Asda Scottish Porridge Oats (not instant oats)
- 100g plain flour
- 75g butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 25g poppy seeds
- Custard or cream, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Put the rhubarb in an ovenproof dish. Add the chopped stem ginger, ginger syrup and 100g sugar, then stir to mix.
Cover and cook in the oven for 25 minutes. Drain off about half the juices and reserve them.
Put the oats and flour in a bowl and rub in the butter. Stir in 75g sugar and the sunflower and poppy seeds. Sprinkle on top of the rhubarb in an even layer and bake for 45 minutes.
Serve hot with the reserved juices and custard or cream.