Rib-eye steak with dukkah crust and fattoush salad
- 4 x 250g Aberdeen Angus Rib-eye Steak
- 12.5g sesame seeds
- 12.5g nibbed hazelnuts
- 12.5g cashews, finely chopped
- 4.5g ground coriander
- 2.5g ground cumin
- 6.5g Bodrum sumac, plus extra for dusting
- 2.5g paprika, plus 1 tsp extra for the sauce
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 3.5g sea salt flakes, crushed
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 large pitta bread, cut into small pieces
- 160ml extra virgin olive oil
- 150g ripe tomatoes, diced
- 150g cucumber, diced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 20g red onion, diced
- 50g hearts of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 40g flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 8g fresh mint, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp Egyptian dried mint
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 20ml Melis Pomegranate Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1.25g salt
- 15g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, grated zest of
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 4 radishes, sliced
For the dukkah crust, toast the sesame seeds, hazelnuts, cashews, ground coriander, cumin seeds and 1.5g sumac. Stir in paprika, thyme, sea salt and pepper. Mix well.
Dust the pitta bread pieces with sumac and fry in half a teaspoon of olive oil. Season with salt. Put the tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, red onion, lettuce, 10g parsley, fresh mint and 1 tsp dried mint in a large bowl. Toss well.
Soak 5g sumac in 10ml hot water for 5 minutes. Put in a blender with lemon juice, the pomegranate sauce, 2 cloves of garlic, vinegar, ½ tsp dried mint, 45ml olive oil and 1.25g salt. Blitz the dressing and put to one side until ready to serve.
For the chermoula sauce, finely chop 1 clove of garlic, 30g parsley and the fresh coriander. Put in a bowl with lemon zest, 1 tsp paprika, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp ground cumin, 108ml olive oil. Mix. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill the steak on each side: 3 minutes for rare; 4 minutes for medium; 6-7 minutes for well done.
Season with salt and pepper and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Finish off each steak with 2 tsp of the dukkah crust and drizzle with 1 tbsp chermoula sauce. Serve with fattoush salad tossed with pomegranate dressing.