Sausage & bean stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 454g packs Asda Chosen by you Reduced Fat Pork Sausages
- 500g carton Asda Chosen by you Italian Passata
- 200ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 x 300g cans cannellini or haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Crusty bread, to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and lightly brown the onion. Reduce the heat slightly, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Put in a casserole dish and set aside. Add the sausages to the pan and brown all over.
Add the sausages to the onion in the casserole dish, with the passata, stock, vinegar, bay leaves and beans. Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
When the casserole is ready, stir through the mustard and sprinkle over the parsley. Serve with warm, crusty bread.