Rick Stein seasonal salad
- 400g freekeh or pearl barley
- 10 tbsp olive oil
- Seeds from 2 pomegranates
- 8 spring onions, chopped
- 2 handfuls roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 handfuls roughly chopped mint
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses (or maple syrup)
- 4 tbsp crushed pistachios
Put the freekeh and 2L water in a pan with 2 tsp salt and 2 tbsp of the oil. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes until just tender. Or, if you're using pearl barley, simply cook according to the instructions on the pack. Drain and cool.
Mix with the pomegranate seeds, onions and herbs, then season. Whisk the remaining oil and molasses. Season to taste. Add to the salad and mix gently. Top with the pistachios.