Roast beef & curried rice salad
- 300g long-grain rice
- 200g frozen peas
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 level tbsp Asda Mild Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp mango chutney
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and cut into small pieces
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 75g sultanas
- 150g roast beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
Rinse the rice. Put in a pan with 1L water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until tender, adding the peas for the last 5 minutes. Drain and put in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the curry powder and cook over a low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the vinegar and chutney. Stir into the rice. Leave to cool.
Add the pepper, onions, sultanas and beef. Serve sprinkled with coriander.