Roasted peppers with tuna & rice salad
Be the first to rate this recipe
- 4 red peppers (or yellow peppers)
- 1 tsp olive oil plus 3 tbsp for the dressing
- 200g long grain brown rice
- 300g can Asda Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 185g cans Asda Tuna Chunks in spring water, drained
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 200g pot Asda 50% Less Fat Soft Cheese
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 326g can Asda Naturally Sweet Sweetcorn
- ¼ cucumber, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the peppers in half through the stalk. Using a small sharp knife, remove the pith and seeds. Put the pepper halves on a baking tray cut side up and brush with oil. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes until softened.
Meanwhile, rinse the brown rice and put in a pan with 900ml cold water. Heat until simmering, then stir once. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes until tender. Tip into a sieve, rinse under cold water, drain well and transfer to a bowl.
Put the beans in a bowl and add the tuna, sun-dried tomatoes, soft cheese and half the spring onions, parsley and sweetcorn. Season and mix together roughly. Use to stuff the pepper halves. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Mix the rice with the rest of the spring onions, parsley, sweetcorn, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Whisk 3 tbsp olive oil with the vinegar and stir through the rice salad. Serve with the peppers.