Roasted red pepper & tomato soup
- 900g Asda Vine-Ripened Tomatoes, halved
- 2 red peppers, quartered and de-seeded
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp Asda Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Put the tomatoes, peppers, onion and whole garlic clove in a roasting tin and drizzle over the olive oil. Toss the vegetables so that they're well coated. Cook in the oven for 50 minutes, turning the vegetables halfway through.
Dissolve the stock cube in 500ml hot water. Purée the roasted vegetables with the stock in a blender or food processor (you may need to do this in two batches), then pass it through a sieve if you prefer the soup without the tomato seeds and tiny flecks of skin.
Pour the soup into a pan, add the sweet chilli and Worcestershire sauces and reheat gently. Serve with a swirl of cream and chopped parsley.