Roasted red peppers with tomatoes
- 1 each red, yellow and orange pepper, quartered and de-seeded
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 aubergine, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g pack baby plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Handful basil leaves
- Lamb cutlets (or chicken), to serve
Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Put the peppers, onion and aubergine in a roasting tin, drizzle over the olive oil and toss so that all the vegetables are coated. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
Add the baby plum tomatoes and stir thoroughly to move everything round the tin. Cook for a further 15 minutes.
Sprinkle over the balsamic vinegar and scatter with a few basil leaves. Serve with lamb cutlets or chicken.