Roasted tomato and pepper soup
- 2 red peppers, quartered and de-seeded
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 baking potato, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 700g vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 600ml vegetable stock made with 1 stock cube
- 4-6 basil leaves
- 100g reduced-fat crème fraîche
Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put the peppers, onion and potato in a bowl with the oil and toss to coat. Spread out in a large roasting tin.
Put the tomatoes on the baking tray, cut-side up. Roast all the vegetables in the oven for 40-45 minutes until tender and tinged brown at the edges.
Put the roasted vegetables and tomatoes in a saucepan, add half the vegetable stock and basil, then purée with a hand-held blender or processor. Add the rest of the stock and heat through.
Add a swirl of crème fraîche to each bowl before serving.