Roasted tomato soup with crème fraîche
- 750g salad tomatoes, quartered
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 10g basil, stalks and leaves finely chopped separately, reserving a few leaves to garnish
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp Scratch Cook Chopped Garlic
- 400g tin Smart Price Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 600ml boiling water
- 150ml Asda 50% Less Fat Crème Fraiche
- 4-pack Asda Ciabatta Rolls, torn
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
On a large roasting tray toss together the salad tomatoes, onions, basil stalks and oil. Roast in the oven for 25 mins until lightly charred.
Transfer the roasted veg to a large pan and add ½ the chopped basil leaves, the vinegar, garlic, chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
Add the remaining chopped basil. Use a handheld blender to blitz until smooth, then season with black pepper.
Divide the soup between 4 bowls. Swirl through the crème fraîche and top with the reserved basil leaves and some black pepper. Serve with the ciabatta.